Only a few days left until Christmas, so it’s time for festive baking! These Mince Pies are one of the basic, simple and delicious mini pies you can make!
This year is the first year I made Minced Pies, but now they’ll be regulars in my kitchen for sure! It was easier to make than I originally thought, and even more delicious! You can sprinkle them with icing sugar at the end, but I’m not quite fond of it on desserts, so I just skipped it.
Mince Pies – Blogmas 2017 Day 20
Mince Pies - Blogmas 2017 Day 20
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Trail mix
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 cup Raisin Optional, I know there are a lot of people who don't like it
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange's Zest
- 1 cup Water
- Mix the sugar, butter, flour, and egg until it's well combined and it forms a dough. (It may look like it won't combine, but keep mixing, and use your hand if you need to!)
- Wrap the dough in a clean foil and let it rest in the fridge until your filling is ready.
- Preheat the oven.
- Peel and grate the carrots and the apple.
- Mix them with the trail mix, the orange zest, and the raisins.
- Cook them with the water for 10-15 minutes or until everything softens. Let it cool a little and with a hand blender, blend it a bit so it doesn't contain large pieces.
- In the meanwhile, roll out the dough and cut round shapes in the size of your cupcake form.
- Cut little stars from the remaining dough.
- Push the dough into a cupcake pan or cupcake liners.
- Fill them with the filing, then add the stars.
- Bake it for about 15-20 minutes (or until the edge of the dough starts to turn golden, it burns quickly!) on medium-high heat.
Pin it for later
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!
- Healthy New Year, Healthier You – Healthy Snacks
- Baby Spinach Pesto – Pesto Pizza
- Green Tea Healthy Gummies with Honey Lemon Ginger
- Adagio Tea Review
- Spicy Stuffed Mushroom