Today I’m gonna share my delicious roasted pork ribs recipe (my second try) and how we almost got to the hospital by my first try….
Okay, so I start with my second try (so you can have the recipe sooner… 😀 )
It’s not a fast meal, but I promise it worth to try!
Roasted Pork Ribs
- 1 kg pork rib it was 1 rack, cut by the bones
- 1 tsp cayenne salt, pepper, cumin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar oil
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener
- So, first thing first, cut the ribs between the bones.
- Prepare a bowl that you can put into the fridge, because this will be the bowl we will mix the ingredients and let the ribs marinade.
- Mix the spices in the bowl, then add one or two spoonful of both the red wine vinegar and the liquid sweetener. Taste the marinade! Make sure it fits your taste!
- Add the ribs to the marinade, pour a little oil onto them, if it’s necessary to mix the marinade with the ribs.
- Mix them well, don’t leave any ribs without the marinade!
- Let it rest for at least 4-5 hours, but overnight is better!
- After the rest, pre heat the oven.
- To make sure the ribs won’t be raw, cut in the meat of the ribs.
- Put the ribs into a pan, pour the marinade onto them.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil.
- Roast the ribs on middle heat, covered for the first hour, uncovered for 2 more hours. Check it every half hours after you uncovered the ribs, pour some water to the pan when it’s necessary!
It was delicious, I served it with cucumber and iceberg salad.
About the first try…
Well I marinade the first ribs too, but I didn’t cut it by the bones, I left the whole ribs whole…and that my first was a mistake.
I roasted the whole ribs for 3.5 hours on low heat (which was the mistake 2. and 3….)
It looked great, after the 3.5 hours, really, but after a few minutes I cut it, it had a strange smell…after a few more minutes I realized why the smell…it was raw in the middle.
So in a pan I had to fry them for 5-10 more minutes. If I didn’t wait a few minutes after cutting the ribs, we would have a serious food poisoning on our plate. Lesson learned, never roast the whole ribs on low heat for less than 5-6 hours….and that I have to get a meat thermometer….
So, roasted pork ribs can be amazing, but your safety is the first, always make sure you don’t eat raw meat!
Has anything like this happened to you? How do you roast/bbq/grill ribs?
Share your thoughts in comments below. If you like my posts, share the love with others!