Incredibly easy and delicious Healthy Oat Waffles ready within minutes! No flour, no added sugar, no egg! These healthy waffles give you the energy kick-start for September.
I can’t believe it’s September already…soon it’ll be Christmas, then New Years Eve! Anyway I know I’ll need all the energy I can get from a breakfast for the next term. That’s exactly why I created this healthy, filling breakfast oat waffle recipe.
Incredibly easy and delicious Healthy Oat Waffles ready within minutes! No flour, no added sugar, no egg! These healthy waffles give you the energy kick-start for September. Click To Tweet
If you like oatmeal or overnight oat or baked oat, then I’ll like these waffles too! Since I didn’t use any other sweetener beside the bananas, the flavor of the oat comes out more in this recipe. However you can flavor it as you want!
I have to note that this waffle’s batter is thicker than the traditional waffle batter, so you’ll need a spoon to spread the mixture out in the waffle iron! If you want thinner and a little bit sweeter batter, add a couple of tablespoons of apple sauce untill you reach the desired thickness. Also I noticed that if you let it cool completely, its texture turns rubbery, so make sure you eat it while it’s warm!
Such a great and delicious way to start a day, also it’s quick!
Healthy Oat Waffles
Healthy Oat Waffles - No flour, added sugar, egg, milk
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 3 tbsp Ricotta
- 4 small Bananas
- 1 tbsp Flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp Water
- Mix the flax seed meal with the water to create flax egg. Let it sit while you combine the other ingredients.
- Mash the small bananas.
- Stir the ricotta to the banana mash.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Pour the oat flour or oat meal to the banana-ricotta mixture.
- Add the flax egg and mix everything well together.
- Pour the mixture to a waffle iron. It'll be tricky to spread in the waffle iron since it's thicker than a normal waffle batter, use a spoon to level it.
- Be sure you eat it while it's warm, because once it's cold it'll turn rubbery!
If you like your waffles sweeter, add some sweetener, but I just served mine with plum jam!
Pin for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Perfect Oven Fried Chicken
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Traditional or healthy waffles?
- What flavor would you add to you healthy oat waffles?
- What is your favorite energy kick-start breakfast for busier days?
- Are you going/went back to school?
- What are you really looking for in Fall/Autumn?
- Is it too early to start planning Christmas already and buying gifts?
Definitely going to try and make these soon! They look so good…and healthy!
Thank you Kirsty! I’m so glad you liked it! I hope you’ll like it when you give it a try too! :)) – Love, Anna
Always looking for good healthy waffle recipes! Loved this pin- thanks for sharing 🙂 I’m starving looking at your awesome pics now too LOL
I’m really happy you liked it! It was truly delicious, but remember to eat it while its warm! I hope you’ll give it a try! – Love, Anna
Personally I don’t mind traditional or healthy waffles, just as long as they’re sweet and not savoury! These look awesome as well, I love anything with oats lately 🙂
Julia // The Sunday Mode