Easy baked pancake muffins, perfect for breakfast, brunch or even for a snack in chocolate and pineapple flavors with creamy pineapple sauce.
For most of the people (including me) the breakfast is the hardest part of the day, simply because most of us in rush, or eating the same old breakfast day by day – which is boring, so we rather skip it -.
Now the struggle is real, I hate eating the same thing for a week every morning, it’s boring and after a few days it makes me feel that it’s not filling me anymore.
I usually eat at the office, however I arrive there pretty early, so I am able to eat my breakfast (and drink my tea or coffee) in peace, but it’s also makes the choice harder, it has to be something simple, easy to make there or even better if I can make ahead.
Easy baked pancake muffins, perfect for breakfast, brunch or snack in chocolate and pineapple flavors Click To Tweet
So I’ve brainstormed (with Pinterest and Instagram) about breakfasts and when I saw blueberry pancakes and oat muffins beside each other the brainstorm happened, I remembered how I used to make pancake muffins all the time!
Now that I developed the idea, all I had to do is to decide which flavor I wanted to use. I’ve craved for pineapples for days, so that wasn’t that hard to choose, but I wanted to make at least two different flavors, so I checked out what I had in the kitchen. I found chocolate (How did that happen? Forget about a perfect piece of chocolate?! Well shame on us…) so that’s set too.
My recipe is really simple, easy to make and you can make it ahead!
- 600 gr Whole wheat flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Sparkling water maybe you'll need more if it's not fluent enough
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup chopped Pineapple
- 1 cup chopped Chocolate
- 1 cup chopped Pineapple for the sauce
- 1 cup Simple Syrup for the sauce
- 1/2 cup Cooking Cream for the sauce
- Mix the eggs
- Add the sparkling water to the eggs, mix them well
- <span></span>Pour the honey onto the wet ingredients.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder to the top of the wet ingredients.
- <span></span>Mix it carefully.
- <span></span>Devine the mixture to two bowls
- Mix the pineapple to one of the bowl and the chocolate to the other.
- Add the mixtures to a muffin tin. (Spray it with a little oil in the tin if it's usually needed)
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- <span></span>For the sauce all you have to do is to blend the pineapple, the syrup and the cream together and while the muffins are baking in the oven, just boil the mixture and let it cool down.
I made two mistakes with the first half of the muffins:
- I used liner and every muffins get stuck in the liners. Not fun getting them out.
- I over baked them, I let it bake for 30, so it completely dried out.
Luckily I’ve learned from my mistakes, so the remaining half was perfect!
It was so great for breakfast and the pineapple sauce was perfect for dipping, even with the chocolate flavored ones!
What is your favorite breakfast?
Do you usually eat breakfast or tend to skip it?
Do you make ahead your breakfast or make it in the morning rush?
What is your healthier choice of breakfast?
How do you manage to prevent the muffins stuck in the liner?
Have you ever made dipping sauce for muffins?