No Bake Banana Chocolate Yoghurt Pie is the perfect summer dessert! It’s light, refreshing, just sweet enough with the combination of banana and chocolate.
Sorry about my complete disappearance, I was really busy last week. However this week is not seems at least a little less busier, I try to be more active! So here is this oh so delicious recipe to start with.
The perfect dessert for me is balanced with sweet and sour, it’s fruity and creamy with a slight crunchiness. When most kid asked for chocolate or vanilla or punch cake for their birthday, I asked for pistachio, yoghurt or fruit cake. So my taste was always different from well, basically everyone. However to my pleasure, lately my family shares my taste and enjoy the fruity, rather tart flavors so I can make desserts I really like.
Chocolate and banana is such a classic and great flavor combination I can’t believe I don’t have more recipes like this.
As I mentioned before I love yoghurt cake probably from day 1. But before misleading you I’ll explain what I mean when I say yoghurt cake. Here in Hungary yoghurt cake or pie in this case is just like no bake cheese cake in the US, just swap the cream cheese with yoghurt. You’ll get a lighter, more tart and probably a little healthier no bake dessert.
I love yoghurt pie, ’cause it’s versatile, you can flavor it probably any flavor you like. It’s refreshing, tart and sweet enough to be a perfect summer dessert.
No Bake Banana Chocolate Yoghurt Pie
No Bake Banana Chocolate Yoghurt Pie
- 2 cups Yoghurt plain or greek
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 pack Whip It
- 2 pack Gelatine
- 1 pack Gelatine fix
- 1 cup Water/Lemon juice
- 4 small Banana
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Lemon's zest
- Sponge fingers
- Lay the sponge fingers to the bottom of your mold or pan.
- Slice 2 banana and mush the other 2.
- Whip the whipping cream and the whip it.
- Stir the yoghurt and the honey.
- Boil the water and stir the gelatin and the gelatine fix in.
- Mix the gelatine with the yoghurt.
- Fold the whipped cream in the yoghurt mixture.
- Separate the mixture into two bowls.
- Add the cocoa powder to one bowl.
- Mix the mused bananas, the half of the banana slices and the lemon zest to the other bowl.
- Stand the other half of the banana slices to the wall of the mold or pan.
- Layer the yoghurt mixtures on the top of the sponge fingers, but leave a little from both mixture to create a marbled layer on the top by slightly mix them together and pour on the to of the other two layers.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 1-1 1/2 hour to chill and set.
- Optional: Decorate it the more banana slices and chocolate drizzle.
Pin for later!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Perfect Oven Fried Chicken
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Yoghurt or Cheese Cake?
- What is your favorite yoghurt dessert or treat?
- Favorite banana and chocolate dessert?
- Describe the perfect summer dessert to me!
PS.: Every year on Saint Stephen’s day, August 20 we celebrate the foundation of the Hungarian State. For the last 10 years the ‘Cake of Hungary’ is intoduced on this day as the “birthday cake” of Hungary. It’s a contest every year and a jury choose one to be the ‘Cake of Hungary’ for a year. This year the wonderful ‘Green Gold of Őrség” won.
Since 2012 a jury choose the ‘Sugar free Cake of Hungary’ too to raise awareness to diabetes, to sugar free desserts and the healthy lifestyle. This year the ‘Blueberry Princess’ won (psst it was made with yoghurt too).
If you come and visit Hungary, don’t miss out these delicious cakes!
The heavenly Cake of Hungary 2016, the Green Gold of Örség! This cake is one of the most delicious dessert I’ve ever tasted! It’s made with almond flour, raspberry jelly, white chocolate ganache, wafer, pumpkin seed oil, pumpkin seed praline and pumpkin seed jelly. The bitterness and crunchiness of pumpkin seed complements the sweetness of the white chocolate, and the raspberry jelly adds the perfect amount of sour to complete the perfect taste harmony! #cakeofhungary #cakeofhungary2016 #cake #dessert #pumpkinseed #pumpkinseedoil #pumpkinseedpraline #almondflour #ganache #whitechocolate #raspberryjelly #praline #orszagtortaja #orszagtorta #orszagtortaja2016 #perfect #loveit #delicious #foodporn #foodie #orsegzoldaranya #greengoldoforseg #hungary