The spring salad inspired Spring Pizza with Eggs is so filling, fresh, full of flavors, topped with eggs; it’s versatile, perfect for a weekend brunch, a busy week day dinner, even for an office lunch!
In my last blog post, I shared 5 Quick Lunch Salads and let’s confess, I’m kind of addicted to salads by now and eating them daily basis.
So when my dad came home with a pizza dough for dinner, all I could think of salads (as I mentioned before, I’ve a one-track-mind).
As I’ve watched Food Network before making the dinner, as usually, I realized there was something I wanted to try out for a long time…eggs on pizza!
When I first saw eggs on pizza, I honestly didn’t understand why on earth would anyone put eggs on pizza?! It just seemed weird, it’s not an everyday pizza topping.
The more pizza I saw on TV with eggs on the top, the more I get used to the idea and the more I wanted to try it out.
So now that I’ve got the main idea of toppings; it was salad, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to put an egg on it (please tell me I’m not the only one who think of Beyoncé immediately)…
The result couldn’t get any better! Now the Spring Pizza with Eggs is the new family favorite!
It’s simple, delicious, filling, healthy and quick! Who wants more nowadays?! However I have to tell you, the pizza kombi’s pizza dough (bought from Lidl) was a huge relief, I didn’t have to wait the dough to rise!
But now the recipe of Spring Pizza with Eggs:
Spring Pizza with Eggs
- Pizza Kombi's Pizza Dough or my pizza dough recipe, link below
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 tsp grated Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Red Paprika Chilli
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 2 cup Lettuce
- 1 cup Spinach or any other green
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Green Chilli Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sweet Corn
- 1 cup slice Ham
- 1 1/2 cup grated Cheese of your choice
- 4 Eggs 1 egg / person in my case
- Pre heat the oven.
- Roll your pizza dough out in the pan.
- Mix the sour cream with the grated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, sugar and the chilli.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on the pizza dough,
- Dice the lettuce, the spinach, the tomato and the red bell pepper.
- Scatter the diced vegetables on the pizza.
- Slice the ham and add to the veggies.
- Crack the eggs on the pizza.
- Bake it untill the egss are almost firm.
- Grate the cheese on the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 10 more minute.
Believe me on this, it’s worth to try out! The salad and the eggs on the top of your pizza is makes it seriously addictive! Within an hour zero slice left!
It’s a great way to feed your family with some healthy greens on a comfort food without making it “greeny”.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- Put an egg on it or not?
- How do you make your family to eat their green and veggies?
I’d love to hear your experience and opinion! If you try my recipe, tell me what you think about it!