It’s Monday again…So who had a very long day beside me? What do you do after a long day when you finally got home? Relax? Workout? I cook and/or bake. It helps to calm me, relive stress aand it feeds the family. Today I share a new fried rice recipe without rice…The Cauliflower Fried “Rice”!
Well you may know since my mother has Type 2 Diabetes I try my best to cook and bake low-carb, no-sugar meals. But to understand why is this so hard for me I have to tell you what were our usual side-dishes: potato, rice, noodle, something green and the variation of them…So now I’m constantly looking for new ideas how to cook diabetic and this is how this recipe was created.
I don’t know about you, but I love fried rice, it’s easy and quick meal, perfect after a tiring day when you don’t want to cook anything. Now all I had to do is to substitute the rice and cauliflower came really handy. Since I used them last time for my pizza crust, I knew they’re great low-carb substitute for flour, so why not use them instead of the rice?!
This recipe is just as perfect as a normal fried rice, tasty, simple and quick!
Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
This recipe is as perfect as a normal fried rice, tasty, simple and quick!
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 0.5 vegetable mix (of your choice) diced/frozen
- 4 small eggs
- 0.5 tsp salt, pepper, cayenne
- Making it even simpler than you may think. All you have to do is to cook the vegetable mix (use any kind of vegetable mix you like, I used one with carrot and peas).
- While the vegetables are cooking, clean and dice the cauliflower and grind it with a food processor.
- Pre heat a skillet or a wok (with a little oil), add the cauliflower “rice” and stir it constantly.
- As soon as the veggies are cooked, add them to the cauliflower, mix and season them.
- Lightly beat the eggs and pour onto the cauliflower and veggie mix, mix it well!
- Cook it for a few more minutes, taste it and it’s done
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
I really hope you like and try it out! 🙂
Share your thoughts in comments below. If you like my posts, share the love with others!
I am a rice eater and my lunch is incomplete without rice.
Hi Ema! Really? All lunches? How can you make them varied? BTW, I really love rice too! – Love, Anna
Hey Anna, h r u doing?
I enjoy rice in lunch almost everyday.
I have something to share with u.
Meaty Aromatic Rice..
Hi Ema! Sounds great! 😀 Thank you for sharing! 🙂 – Love, Anna
I love this idea – I’ve used cauliflower to make a pizza base but never thought to make rice. Thanks for sharing 🙂 x
Hi Hannah! I’m really glad you liked it! It’s surprisingly easy to make and really tasty! 😉 – Love, Anna!