Spicy and Healthy Baked French Fries with
*This post contains advertisements or affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy any products that have been linked to on this post. It will not affect the prices of the items.*
I’m back from my vacation and I have to tell you it was fantastic! The weather was just perfect, for the beach, it’s sunny, for
Also now I’m excited about my big news (from last post), yet I’m afraid a bit. So the big news is I’ll be back to school from September. It’ll makes blogging a bit difficult, but I hope I’ll be able to cope with it. So from September I’ll have my full-time job, my part-time blog and I’ll be a correspondent uni student.
I’d be grateful for some tips and advice!
But now back for the delicious and well-seasoned Baked French Fries!
I found it easier to make than I originally thought and I only have two secret to make it so tasty!
- Soak the potato
stripsin cold water for at least 10-15 minute and changed the water half time. This way you wash the excess starch off the stripes and they won’t stick to the baking sheet and together. Makes sure you dry them afterward with paper towels.
- I seasoned them before I baked them. The salt in my season mix help the french fries to dev
If you want to freeze them for later, now it’s the time to do it, just after you spiced them. For freezing, use a tray and make it sure you left enough space between the fries, so they can freeze nice and quick separately. After they freeze, put them in a Ziploc and store them in the freezer.
Just like I’ve already explained in my (most popular) Perfect Oven Fried Chicken recipe, I terrible with hot oven, pans, oil…generally with anything hot. So that’s why I try my best to avoid frying in oil and I bake instead. Also not negligible that it’s way healthier this way and you avoid the stinky oil smoke!
Baked French Fries
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder/flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian Smoked Red Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Soak in cold water for 10-15 minutes and change the water half time.
- Pre heat the oven.
- Dry the potato stripes.
- Mix every spice in a spice grinder.
- When the stripes are dry, season them well.
- Put them on a baking sheet. Drizle a tablespoon of oil on them. Make sure you leave enough space between the potato stripes so they won’t cook instead of baking.
- Bake them on medium heat (about 325°F to 374° or 162°C to 190°C) for 20-25 minutes.
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also, check these recipes out!