Moist and rich Cranberry Cream Date Cake with no added sugar and balanced with the dried cranberry mascarpone cream, topped with dripping chocolate and a few teaspoon of figs.
This cake is pure heaven in your mouth! The sourness of the mascarpone cream and the dried cranberries are so delicious together and truly balances the date cake’s sweetness. It’s a great weekend treat, a fun and quick dessert you can easily make! Also, believe me, you don’t need to add any extra sugar, everything is sweet enough in the cake!
Cranberry Cream Date Cake
Cranberry Cream Date Cake
- 1 cup Date pitted and measure after chopped
- 1 cup Dried Cranberry for the cake
- 1 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Cranberry for the cream
- 1 cup Chocolate for decoration * Optional
- 2 Figs for decoration * Optional
- Soak the chopped dates and cranberry in the hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, butter and the cinnamon.
- Pre heat the oven.
- After you the 5 minute of soaking, blend the dates, cranberry and water together with a hand blender.
- Mix the egg mixture and the date mixture together.
- Add the oat flour to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the cake mixture to a pan, I used a round mold.
- Bake it on medium heat (about 360-370°) for 30 minute
- While your cake is baking, prepare the cream,
- Whip the whipping cream.
- Fold it in the mascarpone and whip them together some more if needed.
- Mix in the cranberry.
- Let it chill.
- If you use a smaller mold, you probably can divine your cake in two and you can fill the cream in, but I used a larger one, so I topped and not filled it with cream.
- Pour some melted chocolate on the top of the cake for decoration and add a few teaspoon of figs. * Optional
- Let it cool in the fridge.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline
Now I’m officially closer to 30 than 20, today is my 26th Birthday! ???? I recieved these gorgeous roses ? from my parents and since my Fiancé knows how much I love Darynda Jones’ Charley Davidson series? (@author_darynda_jones), and I want to collect all the books, he bought me the first one (First Grave on the Right) in paperback. I swear he can read my mind, I was just about to reread the series now it came really handy! ? I hope you have a wonderful day too! ? #fb #birthday #birthdaygirl #26thbirthday #happy #roses #book #bookworm #charleydavidson #blogger #foodie #october #autumn
Also I almost forgot to tell you guys about uni and my course recognition. So since I previously studied economics and business courses I applied for course recognition and luckily they accepted 21 out of 22 courses! This means I don’t have to retake them and take exam of them again and this means I have only 1 course this semester and just a few more in the next two semesters! It’s a huge relief for me! #happygirl