Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Oven Baked Chicken Thighs are one of the easiest, mess-free, and crowd-pleasing comfort food you can put on your family table. These baked chicken thighs are juicy on the inside and crispy, spicey on the outside.
Servings 2 people
- 1 pair Chicken thighs
- 1 pair Chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Rosemary dried
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Basil dried
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper dried
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch optional, just for easier coating
- 1 whole Garlic
- 1 whole Purple Onion
Preheat the oven.
Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel.
After you dried them, drizzle them with a little oil and spice them.
Peel the onion and the garlic cloves.
Quarter the onion.
Place the chicken thighs in a pan (make sure, the pan has a higher rim, so the dripping fats won't overflow, also if you want less fat in your meal, use a rack) - It's important that you leave enough space between the chicken thighs, so it'll cook through fully and the skin will be crispier.
Place the onion and the garlic cloves around and in between the chicken thighs.
Bake them on 350°F for 45 minutes. - Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken thigh is at least 165˚F (74˚C). If you use chicken thighs with bones in, stick the thermometer nearest to the bone and on the thickest part of the thigh.
If you want crispier skin, use the oven broiler for 3-5 minutes (or until you achieve the wanted crispiness), or use a kitchen torch and lightly crisp the skin.
- If you use frozen chicken, you must thaw them completely (slowly in the fridge) before you use them, so you won't risk the chicken being raw on the inside.
- You shouldn't wash your chicken because it creates more mess to clean and increases the risk of contaminating the area. Not to mention, washing the chicken won't kill any bacteria, only cooking/baking them will.
- According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the approximated bake/roast time is the following:
USDA Safe food handling and preparation
Type of Chicken
Roasting 350 °F
Legs or thighs
4 to 8 oz.
40 to 50 min.
35 to 45 min.
- I used chicken thighs with bones in and skins on, but the bake time will vary if you use boneless and/or skinless chicken.