The Hungarian Bread Pudding – Máglyarakás (Bonfire stack) is a delicious, simple and really fluffy dessert. Bread pudding is a perfect way to use leftover, stale bread and turn into a mouth-watering, tummy filling dessert.
You probably now thinking about what’s so special about this Hungarian bread pudding, well, read on and let’s see!
Máglyarakás is a classic, traditional hungarian dessert, the recipe passed down from generation to generation.
I remember to eat this heavenly creamy, fluffy, fruity dessert at my grandparents’, on family gatherings and celebrations. It’s a special treat and so, so filling; just as I think about it I can almost smell that delicious sweet fragrant of it.
Now the big secret of its success: Creamy warm vanilla sauce, soft and delicious bread layer with apricot jam, sweet and sour layer of apples and a fluffy, slightly crunchy layer of meringue mixed with strawberry jam.
- Bread Pudding (and warm vanilla sauce):
- 1 loaf day-old Stale Bread / Brioch / French Bread
- 1 pack Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 3 Apples
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Apricot Jam
- 5 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- Slice, dice or tear the bread into small pieces.
- Beat the egg white with the sugar for the Meringue.
- Mix the sugar and the egg yolks for the Bread Pudding.
- Mix the vanilla pudding, the milk, the apricot jam and the yolks.
- Slice the apples, sprinkle cinnamon on the slices.
- Add the diced bread to the pudding, pour the mixture to a pan.
- Layer the apple on the bread mixture.
- Pile the beaten egg whites on the apples.
- Lightly stir the strawberry jam in the egg whites.
- Bake it in middle-low heat for 1 hour.
The Hungarian Bread Pudding – Máglyarakás (Bonfire stack) is a delicious, simple and really… Click To Tweet
The creamy warm vanilla sauce is virtually making itself, the beautiful meringue is just a pure eye candy; believe me, it’s a dessert worth to waiting for!
- What is your favorite bread pudding?
- Do you have family dessert passed down from generation to generation?
- Do you have leftover recycling dessert recipe? If so, what is it?
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline