Happy Halloween everyone, have fun and stay safe! 🎃 Fun Halloween Hand Pies are perfect Halloween desserts and they’re kid friendly too! I made 3 different pie filling (pumpkin, jam and chocolate hazelnut spread + persimon) in 4 different shapes of hand pies.
Hand pies are always fun and great dessert choices, but Halloween Hand Pies are somehow even more fun! As I mentioned before, they’re kid friendly! Kids can help you with the filling, the rolling, the shaping and even with the decorating! I promise, they’ll love it! (Also, I loved it too, even as an adult…)
However the possibilities are almost endless when it comes to hand pies, I decided on 4 shapes: mini monsters, mummies, Frankenstein’s monsters and pumpkins – aka Jack’o Lanterns -.
I made the chocolate eyes ahead, but I guess you can buy them at stores too. The recipe won’t contain the making of the eyes.
My family said that every flavor was delicious, but the favorite was the pumpkin filled ones!
Fun Halloween Hand Pies
- 1 pack Puff Pastry
- 4 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 10 tsp Blackberry Jam
- 2 tsp Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- ½ Persimon
- * Dr. Oetker Writing Icing
- * Dr Oetker Decor Icing (white)
- * Chocolate eyes
- * Sprinkles
- * Red and green food coloring
- Pre heat the oven
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Fold in half of the ¼ of the pastry. Cut out pumpkin shapes. Create "faces" on half of the pumpkins, these will be the top of the pumpkin shape pies.
- Cut circles out the second quarter of the pastry. Make sure you cut out even number of circles!
- Cut squares out the third quarter and rectangle out of the fourth quarter. Make sure they're even number too!
- Fill the pumpkins and the half of the rectangles with pumpkin filling.
- Mix the jam with red coloring. Fill the circles and the remaining half of the rectangles with it.
- Dice the ½ persimon.
- Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread in the squares, then pile up the persimon on the top of the spread.
- I sealed the pies with a fork.
- Bake them in medium heat for about 10-15 minutes (depend of the size) or untill they're golden color.
- After the pies cooled down, decorate them with the chocolate eyes, the icing (for Frankenstein's monster I colored the icing green), the sprinkles and the details with the writing icing.
PIN FOR LATER!
MAKE SURE TO VISIT MY START HERE AND HOME PAGES FOR MORE POSTS!
Also check these recipes out!
- Hungarian Cottage Cheese Noodles
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Blood Orange Elderflower Cake
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Pumpkin Parfait With Sesame Praline
- Tell me about your Halloween (plans, party, daytime activity, etc.)
- What are your favorite Halloween meals, recipes?
- Usually how do you celebrate Halloween?
- Will you start planning Christmas right after Halloween?